Are they not the cutest!
Thoughts and smiles.
This actually happened about a month ago now… but I’ve been out a lap top for about 3 weeks! Which, is not a bad thing sometimes.
Back to fishing!
Who knew ice fishing could be such fun, other than all the folks, who, well, ice fish!
It was awesome! And, let’s be real. That could very well be due to an incredibly sunny day warming up the not so warm temperature.
And, we even caught fish. By we, I, of course, don’t mean me! But, I was there!
Take a look:
Thoughts and smiles!
So, you get a new job and the holidays come about and you disappear. Blog Sadness.
It’s been wonderful around here. Life full of awesomeness.
1. Kids rock! Almost all the time. Minus yesterday when new bats were swung in the house and favorite tea mug went flying. Other than that, kids rock!
2. Bidding on a house is super duper exciting. Even if it doesn’t work out, what an exciting process. Okay, will be more exciting if it does work out!
3. Solstice celebrations make me loopy in spirit! Either that or being at the hockey rink all day!
4. Creativity makes me smile. Every time. Really, every time! Highlights: my son practicing on his guitar, my girl gifting me a duct tape purse for the holidays, coming together as a family to make origamis suns for the solstice, cookies… hello!, designing hockey jerseys…
5. Activity is pretty awesome too! From puzzling to hiking or snowshoeing to sledding and gathering and inconsistent yoga and hockey and rock climbing — love!
6. Family: of course this list is in no particular order because this aspect is the most amazing! Crazy super lucky! And let’s note… awesomeness in friends is an extension of this!
7. Dreaming up our wildest dreams and dreaming of possibilities and realities. Thanks and gratitude for all our good fortunes.
8. Lights have to be one of my favorite parts of the season. They mesh old with new traditions and blend the solstice with x-mas and just shine with cheer.
9. Laughter makes my heart strong. I love all the silly moments of the season and year and to come!
10. I started this list with my loves and I’m going to end it with my other love. My man. He is the most amazing! Always sneaking in behind me for a kiss, always making me feel awesome, special, sexy, goofy :), and wanted and loved. I absolutely appreciate him (even through our grrrr moments)!
Happy holidays and many thoughts and smiles being sent to so many!
Yum! Thank you to the generosity of friends for sharing in their meat. Yesterday was a gamey day in more ways than just football. Friends brought elk steaks, deer chili, elk burgers, and let’s not forget the awesome ice cream treats and apps! What a feast! An awesome afternoon! Thank you to all for a great day.
And they left us with deer sausage (from a family overcoming their own unfortunate circumstances, so giving and awesome) so……
This is what we had for dinner.
This recipe was totally awesome! And copied!
Now, I pretty much followed this recipe to a “T”… whatever that means! If someone knows the story behind that “T” thing, please let me know. Of course, it’s probably obvious, but whatever! I don’t know the obvious link, so please, share!
The only difference I made, yes, there is at least one difference to the recipe, was the cutting and rolling of the dogs! I cut them in half, but hen cut them in half again. I figured more is better. And I was willing to test if there would be enough dough to roll 32 mini dogs instead of 16 (a pack of 8 dogs cut in half and then sliced in half again down the middle – no longer round!). Ya know what, there was! Yeah! It was actually a perfect ratio of dough to dog.
As you can see, the kiddies took right to it. It could be the fact that I mentioned something about sharing and helping going hand in hand. They really wanted the dogs. They put forth the work! Worked for me!
Notice that cute little pumpkin in the upper left? Stinkin’ cute! I just could edit it out. That time of year! And talk of cute. I love the rolls. Mini pretzel dogs ready to boil.
Out of the oven! Some unraveled rolls. All good. This recipe, like I mentioned, AWESOME! They weren’t as crisp as I might have wished, but a very acceptable first go around. And delicious regardless.
And yeah, this is what HE did while we baked. Not even football kept his eyes open on a cozy Sunday afternoon. Well, that and he did just work 7 days straight at about 13 hour days. Snnnnoooozzzzzzze!